Thursday, 31 December 2009

Enter the rotters...

Now that we've finally moved house and the paints are unpacked I've finally got back to painting the team. Next up, the seven rotters. Here's one, some detailing to be done but almost finished.

For my records, the flesh here is:

Dheneb Stone
Ogryn Flesh wash x 2
Highlight DS
Purple wash.

Sunday, 13 December 2009

Nurgle's recipe book

Before I forget, here's a note-to-self about colour schemes.

Beastmen & Chaos Warriors

Flesh = Scorched Brown, Bestial Brown, Vermin Brown
Green bits = Catachan Green, Gretchin Green, GG + Rotting Flesh
Hair = Scorched Brown, Badab Black Wash, Scorched Brown highlight
Orange = Scorched Brown, Hot Orange (V), Orange Fire (V)
Horns = Scorched Brown, Codex Grey, Fortress Grey (V)
Gold = Shining Gold, Brown Ink, Shining Gold
Metal = Chainmail, Badab Black, Chainmail
Leather = Scorched Brown, Dark Flesh (V)
Chaos Warrior horns = Graveyard Earth, Scorched Brown, Bleached Bone, White
Bases = Graveyard Earth, Devlan Mud, Graveyard Earth, Bleached Bone
Varnish = Gloss (V), Semi-Gloss (V) (painted on)

Warriors ready...

Four warriors finished and ready for varnishing.

Monday, 7 December 2009


Got the basecoats down on the four warriors. If things go to plan I'll have them finished off by the end of the week.


Got the base coats down on the four warriors. Hopefully have these guys done in the next few days.

Saturday, 5 December 2009

Touch the beast...

While I figure out how to paint the warriors I thought I'd continue with the Beast of Nurgle and here he is and I reckon he looks pretty beastly. Hopefully he'll look nice on the pitch although I hope he never gets knocked down because there's no way this figure's going to lie down!

That's Numberwang...

Purely for my own reference, the numbers for this team will be:
Beast: 1
Chaos Warriors: 2, 4, 6, 8
Beastmen: 3, 5, 7, 9
Rotters: 10-16.

Got the beastmen done now, once they're varnished and based I'll try and snap some pictures. Now it's on to the Warriors.

Thursday, 3 December 2009

Retro inspiration...

It looks like these Rotters aren't too dissimilar to the second ed team colours.

Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Test colour scheme

A couple of pictures of the test colour scheme (terracotta didn't work out, it was too brown). There are a couple of details to pick out and I'm expecting that once the bases have static grass added they'll have a bit more 'pop' on the pitch (it should contrast nicely with the orange).

I'm also wondering what numbers each figure should be given (your call A.). I'll add these in white on the shoulder pads.

Let me know what you think.

Thursday, 26 November 2009

STAGE ONE, Part 2. Touch the Beast...

45 minutes of faffing about with a knife, a pint of superglue, and a yard of green-stuff and this chap's ready to enter the field. A beast in all senses of the word, this thing is massive, beastly, and it was a right pain to put together. But it's done. Next up, undercoating... I bet you can't wait for that blog entry.

Tuesday, 24 November 2009

STAGE ONE: Work has begun on The Rotters... After an hour or so and the team is based up. Just the beast to build but that's a job for another night. As soon as it stops raining I'll get them undercoated. I'm looking forward to getting some colours on these guys, hopefully I'll have a test model painted up by the end of next week.